So a while back I had a small bad experience with my doctor's office staff. I called in (and I never call the Dr.) when I wasn't feeling well at all and I knew it wasn't normal and I got the brush off and the answer well a stomach bug has been going around. So I was bugged but just let it go until the next time I had to call in. I was so annoyed that I got my sis to talk to her Rheumatologist and got the name of a different Dr. so I could get a second opinion.
So over the past 2 1/2 months as I have been waiting for my appointment I have been thinking about if I should "break up" with my current doctor and go to this new one. Also I was stressing about what to say to my current doctor without feeling stupid or bad for not going to him any longer.
Well, I saw this different doctor today and he seemed great and was also nervous about some of the medication I have been put on. I have been very nervous and bummed that I was put on such a harsh medication which causes horrible horrible birth defects especially since I specifically told my doctor we wanted to think about trying maybe next summer time or. Come to find out this harsh medication stays in my system for up to 2 years after I stop taking it. There is a different medication that will pull this harsher drug out of my system but from what this new doctor said is not too pleasant and that I wouldn't really like being on it (i.e at least 3 weeks of diarrhea).. fan-freakin-tastic.
So, at this point I have no idea what is going on with me, my body, or my doctors...but I do know that my old doctor is getting the BOOT...sayonara buddy!
Love Quote
If I could hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palms of my hands.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You definitely need to get rid of that doctor!
My friend just got a brand new OBGYN and she is 28 weeks with her third, and her other doctor delivered her other 2 kids. But she was sick of him not listening to her!
When it comes to your health, the right doctor is SO important!
And by the way, if you want to start a family... diarrhea for 3 weeks probably won't be that bad. Hey, I threw up for 15 weeks! But it is all worth it in the end... or so I'm told.
I'm glad you are putting the boot to the old doc. I think the new doc will definitely be better for you!!!
Stacie, I'm sorry! You are so positive. Get rid of the dude, go with the better guy. It will work out!
Post a Comment