Love Quote

If I could hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palms of my hands.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Lets all rejoice in the "Passing"

Tipsy (the cat) has passed her rubber band with easy at 6:05pm last night. Ryan and I are proud of her...both kitty and rubber band are doing well. hahahahah

Okay here is the story to go along with the end results....
It all started on Monday when Ry and I went out to buy our new TV. It is the biggest TV I have ever owned.....it rocks. Getting back on track a little bit now so on Tuesday I went to our cable company and picked up a new HDTV box. Ryan and I were like little kids on Christmas morning unwrapping everything and hooking it all up. So, Ryan being Ryan shot a rubber band at Tipsy (one of our cats). I swear she is crazy sometimes because she will play with anything for what seems like 8 billion years and has never had any problems. However, we turn around about 2 min later to Ryan saying "did she just eat that rubber band?". So I immediately grab her and stick my finger in her mouth to try to find it. Nope, it is completely gone. She devoured it! So I try to make her drink water in hopes that she would throw it up.... but nope in true cat form she just sits by her water and looks at me and swear if I could of read her mind you would of been saying you dummy I am as sure as hell not drinking water especially if you want me to drink it.

I call the vet the next morning to see what I could do. She tells me to watch her for the next few days and if she acts sick in anyway to bring her in. I ask what will be done if I do bring her in. She explains test and x-rays will be done and then exploratory surgery to extract the rubber band. Come to find out that the surgery is a min of $600. YIKES!

Needless to say we were very excited that Tipsy "passed" her rubber band with ease. I am just glad that I don't have to pay for her to have surgery now. Hooray for no surgery! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

which leads to me to wonder, how do you know she passed the rubber band? wait..don't answer that.

Crazycozartclan said...

Okay... gross! I would have not even noticed that the cat ate it in the first place. Like when sam was dumb enough to get on the table and eat a WHOLE large pizza by himself. Or when he ate the roll of paper towels. Or that time he got on the counter and ate the entire plate of brownies that were cooling. I figure if they are dumb enough to eat it. Then they can deal with the upset stomach that comes with it. You are much nicer than me. :)

Susie said...

Okay I know you were worried (I have a baby too), but when it comes to inspecting poop...I don't know. Sounds funny! I'm so glad you and Ryan found each other and that your marriage is so great! It finally all makes sense and all I have to do is say "see this is what I was trying to say." Take it easy!!!

Lisa said...

ha ha. My parents cat sadie used to eat rubber bands from the newspaper all the time! She also ate hair ties. We would find all kinds of stuff mixed in with her poop in her litter box! Cats are crazy, but so much fun!