Love Quote

If I could hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palms of my hands.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heart Monitor Test is DONE

All I can say is....HOORAY!!! I am finally done with wearing my heart monitor. For those of you that didn't know I had to wear a heart monitor for 21 continuous days. That meant I had to wear electrodes and leads (the wires) that connected to my monitor 24/7 for 21 straight days. It really sucked for a few reasons....

1. Its sorta embarrassing
2. It was a HUGE pain in my rear.
3. The electrodes gave me welts/blisters on my skin.
4. From time to time I would rip an electrode off from my body on accident if I caught my wires hanging out of the bottom of my shirt...OUCH!
5. If I roll around at night I would constantly roll on top of the monitor waking me up.
6. The monitor would sometimes go off (very loud screeching) at random times....the best was when I was in the middle of a meeting with total strangers.
7. Working out with it was a pain.
8. Always had to find pants or skirts with pockets so I could hide the monitor better.
9. And last but not least was having to disconnect the monitor so I could shower but still having to keep the electrodes still attached.

None the less...it's all done and I am glad! Now the next step is to see an Arrhythmia specialist.....

6 comments:

Crazycozartclan said...

Horray! No more shockie shockie! Are you excited for Mothers Day weekend? Yes... I said weekend so start thinking! Let's here the ideas.

Susie said...

I'm glad all that "junk" is out of your trunk!

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

I hope everything turns out good! I had to wear one of those monitors but only for a couple of days! Man what a PAIN to have it on for 3 Weeks! UGGHH!

Lisa said...

I am glad it is over. Hope everything is ok with your heart!

Heather said...

You should be writing a book.

Jenny said...

Hey, has anyone ever looked at your heart valve's? I was just diagnosed with an aortic bicuspid valve which is a heart defect and a major side effect can be random bouts of fainting cause your not getting enough oxygen to your brain!