Love Quote

If I could hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palms of my hands.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Status of the House

I know I haven't posted anything new in a long time. So, here is a quick run down of what has been going on. Basically just house work. Here are the details and progress of the house. We finally have all of the floor installed and Ryan sanded it on sat. He will have to sand the floor about 4 times or so with different grits of sand paper to get it ready to stain/seal it. So, we are both hoping by this coming sat the floor will be all finished and then it is on to the waiting game after that. Since the sander is very loud Ryan sent me out shopping on sat while he continued to work on the house. I have been look for a new rug. I have searched high and low for a rug that is contemporary but not too contemporary and that will pull all of the colors of the rooms together. So, I found this rug at home depot... what do you think? Or does anyone know where I can find roughly a 5' x 8' rug for not a ton of money. I don't really want to pay more than $150 -$200 unless the rug is really really good quality.


So, besides rug shopping we also picked out the style and color of our cabinets. We are going to have a dark brown with red undertones for the color of the cabinets and the door style will look like this but only the brown color. So the cabinet place says they are out about 4 weeks. We could of gotten on the list a long time ago but wasted a lot of time with a few small details. Oh well live and learn....next time I'll try to decide faster. Either way the house will be mostly back together in 4 weeks....just in time for Halloween. Hooray! I love Halloween...amost as much as I love the thought of no more house projects. :)

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I like that rug a lot! Have you looked at Target stores or online? They have cool rugs too. I can't wait to see your new pad when it's all complete!!!!

Crazycozartclan said...

Check overstock too they have a TON of rugs. I do like that one too. Plus there's that rug store in Orem. You could come down early on Wed and we could hit that and then Cristy is trowing a book party for her mom that she really wants me to go to. You could come. Call me :)

P.S. Thanks for taking off that nasty old post.

Susie said...

I really like that rug you found. Is it too small or crappy or something? It think it would look great in your room.